It's Too Late to Stop Now, Vol. 1
I was never really a hardcore Van Morisson fan, but this album may have changed all of that for me. Initially recorded in 1973 and 1974, thanks to Vinyl Me Please, I know own my own copy on vinyl.
A few important notes on my feelings about music:
- A good cover is like a hit of a good drug.
- Albums (and playlists) are the proper way to experience music. Somebody has put work into crafting a whole experience.
- Excellent live music will always be better than the studio version - imperfection, feeling, and experimentation often come out during live performances, while the recorded version is often the "gold master".
Van Morrison knocks out all three with this release, especially in the cover department. I mean, look at this list:
- I Believe to my Soul
- Bring it on Home
- I Just Want to Make Love to You
- Help Me
- Take Your Hands Out of My Pockets
Do yourself a favor and check this thing out.